Обсуждение: mbox format

mbox format

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Hello,

Apparently Internet Explorer can not directly open (or download) the
mbox files on archives.postgresql.org.
Firefox recognizes them as actual mailbox files. I have no idea what IE
is doing with them.

We need to get the mbox files in a compressed format on the web, gz or zip.

Marc what is this going to take? Or do I need to write a mod_rewrite
that processing them through a script
before they are sent?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Re: mbox format

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Working on that today ... will post once completed ...

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Apparently Internet Explorer can not directly open (or download) the mbox
> files on archives.postgresql.org.
> Firefox recognizes them as actual mailbox files. I have no idea what IE is
> doing with them.
>
> We need to get the mbox files in a compressed format on the web, gz or zip.
>
> Marc what is this going to take? Or do I need to write a mod_rewrite that
> processing them through a script
> before they are sent?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>
> --
> Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC and S/JDBC
> Postgresql support, programming shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
> +1-503-667-4564 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
> PostgreSQL Replicator -- production quality replication for PostgreSQL

>   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

----

Re: mbox format

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Apparently Internet Explorer can not directly open (or download) the
> mbox files on archives.postgresql.org.
> Firefox recognizes them as actual mailbox files. I have no idea what
> IE is doing with them.

Could this be a subproblem of the more general problem that the mbox
files simply do not exist at the URLs that the links point to?

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: mbox format

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Apparently Internet Explorer can not directly open (or download) the
>> mbox files on archives.postgresql.org.
>> Firefox recognizes them as actual mailbox files. I have no idea what
>> IE is doing with them.
>
> Could this be a subproblem of the more general problem that the mbox
> files simply do not exist at the URLs that the links point to?

they should ... I'm currently converting to the .gz format though, so its
possible you are seeing the transition?  just tested from here on
pgadmin-hackers, which is done, and its downloading fine for me ...

----

Re: mbox format

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Check it over and let me know if you see any problems ... it should be
cleaner now ...

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Apparently Internet Explorer can not directly open (or download) the mbox
> files on archives.postgresql.org.
> Firefox recognizes them as actual mailbox files. I have no idea what IE is
> doing with them.
>
> We need to get the mbox files in a compressed format on the web, gz or zip.
>
> Marc what is this going to take? Or do I need to write a mod_rewrite that
> processing them through a script
> before they are sent?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>
> --
> Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC and S/JDBC
> Postgresql support, programming shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
> +1-503-667-4564 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
> PostgreSQL Replicator -- production quality replication for PostgreSQL

>   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

----

Re: mbox format

От