Обсуждение: Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites

Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites

От
"Dave Page"

Sounds like fun...

> they at least have the intention of meeting in person, which
> I think is what Mark was getting at.

Well just to chuck in my tuppence worth - I agree; regional sites are
not user groups. 'User group' implies some sort of organised group of
users. A website is no more a user group than Robert's dead horse. Of
course, the group might have their own site (as might the horse), but
that not what makes them a PUG.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Guys,

> Well just to chuck in my tuppence worth - I agree; regional sites are
> not user groups. 'User group' implies some sort of organised group of
> users. A website is no more a user group than Robert's dead horse. Of
> course, the group might have their own site (as might the horse), but
> that not what makes them a PUG.

OK, how about an easy compromise,then?

Users' Groups
    San Francisco
    Portland
    Tunesia

-------------------------------------

Regional/Language Groups
    French
    Brazillian Portuguese
    Spanish

I *would* like to have links to the language groups on that main PUG page,
simply to help folks in say, Paris, to build as Users's group (e.g. "Huh?  No
Paris PUG?  Let me e-mail Jean-Paul and see how many users are in Paris
....")

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 13 May 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Guys,
>
> > Well just to chuck in my tuppence worth - I agree; regional sites are
> > not user groups. 'User group' implies some sort of organised group of
> > users. A website is no more a user group than Robert's dead horse. Of
> > course, the group might have their own site (as might the horse), but
> > that not what makes them a PUG.
>
> OK, how about an easy compromise,then?
>
> Users' Groups
>     San Francisco
>     Portland
>     Tunesia
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> Regional/Language Groups
>     French
>     Brazillian Portuguese
>     Spanish
>

> I *would* like to have links to the language groups on that main PUG page,
> simply to help folks in say, Paris, to build as Users's group (e.g. "Huh?  No
> Paris PUG?  Let me e-mail Jean-Paul and see how many users are in Paris
> ....")

I can live with the distinction as above ...

----