Обсуждение: 'portal' status update, presskit question

'portal' status update, presskit question

От
Alexey Borzov
Дата:
Greetings.

Finally have time to continue work on postgresql.org, already done the
following:
* Imported the users-lounge dir and other static pages from the current
site. Things to consider here:
   a) I renamed 'users-lounge' to 'about'. I also suggest ditching the
"users' lounge" name altogether and renaming the part to "About" or
"Overview" for usability reasons.
   b) If someone does content-related changes to the current site,
please also consider changing the 'portal' templates.
* Ported the RSS feed code.

All changes are available on http://alexey.beta.postgresql.org

Also I have a question about the presskit dir. Looks like it has
poor-man's I18N even now, so it is not exactly clear how to import it
right. Any suggestions?

Re: 'portal' status update, presskit question

От
"Dave Page"

Agreed, users' lounge is not good. I'm not sure about 'About' or
'Overview' either though :-( I had kindof envisaged getting rid of it as
an area in it's own right anyway - whats there at the moment seems a
kinda mish-mash of things that probably should be elsewhere.

Regards, Dave.

Re: 'portal' status update, presskit question

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Alexey,

> Also I have a question about the presskit dir. Looks like it has
> poor-man's I18N even now, so it is not exactly clear how to import it
> right. Any suggestions?

Not sure.   We don't want to dump the translations.   But I think the port
will have to be done manually, sorry.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions