Обсуждение: Current status of the GSoc project: pgUnitTest

Current status of the GSoc project: pgUnitTest

От
"Mickael DELOISON"
Дата:
Hello,

I am on the project pgUnitTest. The program is usable but is just on
the pgFoundry CVS at this time. I am writing a tutorial (a sort of
walk through) that explains how to use it. And I think I will release
a beta version of the program by the end of the week. I will let you
know so that people interested in testing what I have done can do it
and give me advice.

Best regards,
Mickael

Re: Current status of the GSoc project: pgUnitTest

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Mickael,

> I am on the project pgUnitTest. The program is usable but is just on
> the pgFoundry CVS at this time. I am writing a tutorial (a sort of
> walk through) that explains how to use it. And I think I will release
> a beta version of the program by the end of the week. I will let you
> know so that people interested in testing what I have done can do it
> and give me advice.

All right!

There's been significant amount of interest in what you're doing by
PostgreSQL companies.  Keep up the good work.

--Josh

Re: Current status of the GSoc project: pgUnitTest

От
"Simon Riggs"
Дата:
On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 18:51 +0200, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Mickael,
>
> > I am on the project pgUnitTest. The program is usable but is just on
> > the pgFoundry CVS at this time. I am writing a tutorial (a sort of
> > walk through) that explains how to use it. And I think I will release
> > a beta version of the program by the end of the week. I will let you
> > know so that people interested in testing what I have done can do it
> > and give me advice.
>
> All right!
>
> There's been significant amount of interest in what you're doing by
> PostgreSQL companies.  Keep up the good work.

Even more important: what is it?

--
  Simon Riggs
  EnterpriseDB  http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Current status of the GSoc project: pgUnitTest

От
"Mickael DELOISON"
Дата:
2007/7/10, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>:

> Even more important: what is it?
>
> --
>   Simon Riggs
>   EnterpriseDB  http://www.enterprisedb.com

Hello,

You have the project page here: http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgunittest/
pgUnitTest is a tool to run a unit test suite on PostgreSQL databases.
The unit tests concern database queries and can be select statements
with a result expected or insert statements using random data
generators.

The idea is the same as the one you can find there:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb381703(VS.80).aspx

I said that I would give an example at the end of the week, but I have
a problem to figure out, when there is a unique constraint on a column
or on a set of columns. As soon as the problem will be solved I will
tell it.

Best regards,
Mickael