Обсуждение: ...

Kaleeswaran Velu
Дата:
Hi Team,
I am using PostgreSQL 9.2.3 in Windows platform. I have created two databases in it. Now I want to refer the tables across the databases. Meaning would like to create Database link. Can anyone guide me on how to create a DB link?

Thanks and Regards
Kaleeswaran Velu

Re:

От
"Plugge, Joe R."

1 – why two databases?  Couldn’t you have just created two separate SCHEMAS?

2 – if you insist on two separate databases:   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/dblink.html

From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Kaleeswaran Velu
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:23 AM
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: [SQL]

Hi Team,

I am using PostgreSQL 9.2.3 in Windows platform. I have created two databases in it. Now I want to refer the tables across the databases. Meaning would like to create Database link. Can anyone guide me on how to create a DB link?

Thanks and Regards

Kaleeswaran Velu

Re:

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
Kaleeswaran Velu <v_kalees@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
> I am using PostgreSQL 9.2.3 in Windows platform. I have created two databases
> in it. Now I want to refer the tables across the databases. Meaning would like
> to create Database link. Can anyone guide me on how to create a DB link?

You can use db_link, see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/dblink.html.

9.3 contains more:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/postgres-fdw.html

But in general: don't use different databases if you need a
cross-database-connection. You can use Schemas instead:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/ddl-schemas.html

Andreas

Re:

От
Kaleeswaran Velu
Дата:
Ok, got it. Thank you every one for your response.

Thanks and Regards
Kaleeswaran Velu

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 10:00 PM, Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net> wrote:
Kaleeswaran Velu <v_kalees@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
> I am using PostgreSQL 9.2.3 in Windows platform. I have created two databases
> in it. Now I want to refer the tables across the databases. Meaning would like
> to create Database link. Can anyone guide me on how to create a DB link?

You can use db_link, see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/dblink.html.

9.3 contains more:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/postgres-fdw.html

But in general: don't use different databases if you need a
cross-database-connection. You can use Schemas instead:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/ddl-schemas.html

Andreas
unintentional side effect.                              (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."  (unknown)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe.              N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°