Обсуждение: Lowest 2 items per

Lowest 2 items per

От
"Relyea, Mike"
Дата:
I need a little help putting together a query.  I have the tables listed
below and I need to return the lowest two consumables (ranked by cost
divided by yield) per printer, per color of consumable, per type of
consumable.

CREATE TABLE printers
( printerid serial NOT NULL, make text NOT NULL, model text NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT printers_pkey PRIMARY KEY (make ,
model), CONSTRAINT printers_printerid_key UNIQUE (printerid ),
)

CREATE TABLE consumables
( consumableid serial NOT NULL, brand text NOT NULL, partnumber text NOT NULL, color text NOT NULL, type text NOT NULL,
yieldinteger, cost double precision, CONSTRAINT consumables_pkey PRIMARY KEY (brand , partnumber ), CONSTRAINT
consumables_consumableid_keyUNIQUE (consumableid )
)

CREATE TABLE printersandconsumables
( printerid integer NOT NULL, consumableid integer NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT printersandconsumables_pkey PRIMARY KEY
(printerid,
consumableid ), CONSTRAINT printersandconsumables_consumableid_fkey FOREIGN KEY
(consumableid)     REFERENCES consumables (consumableid) MATCH SIMPLE     ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE,
CONSTRAINTprintersandconsumables_printerid_fkey FOREIGN KEY
(printerid)     REFERENCES printers (printerid) MATCH SIMPLE     ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE
)

I've pulled together this query which gives me the lowest consumable per
printer per color per type, but I need the lowest two not just the first
lowest.

SELECT printers.make, printers.model, consumables.color,
consumables.type, min(cost/yield) AS cpp
FROM printers
JOIN printersandconsumables ON printers.printerid =
printersandconsumables.printerid
JOIN consumables ON consumables.consumableid =
printersandconsumables.consumableid
WHERE consumables.cost Is Not Null
AND consumables.yield Is Not Null
GROUP BY printers.make, printers.model, consumables.color,
consumables.type
ORDER BY make, model;

After doing a google search I didn't come up with anything that I was
able to use so I'm asking you fine folks!

Mike

Re: Lowest 2 items per

От
"Oliveiros d'Azevedo Cristina"
Дата:
Hi, Mike,

Can you tell me if this gives what you want, and if it doesn't, what is the
error reported, or wrong result ?

This is untested query, so Im not sure about it.

Best,
Oliver

SELECT make, model, color,type, subquery1.cpp, min(cost/yield) as cpp2
(
SELECT printers.make, printers.model, consumables.color,
consumables.type, min(cost/yield) AS cpp
FROM printers
JOIN printersandconsumables ON printers.printerid =
printersandconsumables.printerid
JOIN consumables ON consumables.consumableid =
printersandconsumables.consumableid
WHERE consumables.cost Is Not Null
AND consumables.yield Is Not Null
GROUP BY printers.make, printers.model, consumables.color,
consumables.type
) subquery1
NATURAL JOIN
(
SELECT printers.make, printers.model, consumables.color,
consumables.type
FROM printers
JOIN printersandconsumables ON printers.printerid =
printersandconsumables.printerid
JOIN consumables ON consumables.consumableid =
printersandconsumables.consumableid
WHERE consumables.cost Is Not Null
AND consumables.yield Is Not Null
) subquery2
WHERE subquery2.cost / subquery2.yield <> subquery1.cpp
GROUP BY make, model, color,type
ORDER BY make, model;

[...]

David Johnston
Дата:
On Jun 1, 2012, at 10:34, "Relyea, Mike" <Mike.Relyea@xerox.com> wrote:

> I need a little help putting together a query.  I have the tables listed
> below and I need to return the lowest two consumables (ranked by cost
> divided by yield) per printer, per color of consumable, per type of
> consumable.
>
> CREATE TABLE printers
> (
>  printerid serial NOT NULL,
>  make text NOT NULL,
>  model text NOT NULL,
>  CONSTRAINT printers_pkey PRIMARY KEY (make , model ),
>  CONSTRAINT printers_printerid_key UNIQUE (printerid ),
> )
>
> CREATE TABLE consumables
> (
>  consumableid serial NOT NULL,
>  brand text NOT NULL,
>  partnumber text NOT NULL,
>  color text NOT NULL,
>  type text NOT NULL,
>  yield integer,
>  cost double precision,
>  CONSTRAINT consumables_pkey PRIMARY KEY (brand , partnumber ),
>  CONSTRAINT consumables_consumableid_key UNIQUE (consumableid )
> )
>
> CREATE TABLE printersandconsumables
> (
>  printerid integer NOT NULL,
>  consumableid integer NOT NULL,
>  CONSTRAINT printersandconsumables_pkey PRIMARY KEY (printerid ,
> consumableid ),
>  CONSTRAINT printersandconsumables_consumableid_fkey FOREIGN KEY
> (consumableid)
>      REFERENCES consumables (consumableid) MATCH SIMPLE
>      ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE,
>  CONSTRAINT printersandconsumables_printerid_fkey FOREIGN KEY
> (printerid)
>      REFERENCES printers (printerid) MATCH SIMPLE
>      ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE
> )
>
> I've pulled together this query which gives me the lowest consumable per
> printer per color per type, but I need the lowest two not just the first
> lowest.
>
> SELECT printers.make, printers.model, consumables.color,
> consumables.type, min(cost/yield) AS cpp
> FROM printers
> JOIN printersandconsumables ON printers.printerid =
> printersandconsumables.printerid
> JOIN consumables ON consumables.consumableid =
> printersandconsumables.consumableid
> WHERE consumables.cost Is Not Null
> AND consumables.yield Is Not Null
> GROUP BY printers.make, printers.model, consumables.color,
> consumables.type
> ORDER BY make, model;
>

> After doing a google search I didn't come up with anything that I was
> able to use so I'm asking you fine folks!
>
> Mike

I would recommend using the "RANK" window function with an appropriate partition clause in a sub-query then in the
outerquery you simply WHERE rank <= 2

You will need to decide how to deal with ties.

David J.

Re: Lowest 2 items per

От
"Oliveiros d'Azevedo Cristina"
Дата:
Sorry, Mike, previous query was flawed.

This is (hopefully) the correct version

Best,
Oliver
SELECT make, model, color,type, subquery1.cpp, min(cost/yield) as cpp2(SELECT printers.make, printers.model,
consumables.color,consumables.type,min(cost/yield) AS cppFROM printersJOIN printersandconsumables ON printers.printerid
=printersandconsumables.printeridJOINconsumables ON consumables.consumableid =printersandconsumables.consumableidWHERE
consumables.costIs Not NullAND consumables.yield Is Not NullGROUP BY printers.make, printers.model,
consumables.color,consumables.type)subquery1JOIN(SELECT printers.make, printers.model,
consumables.color,consumables.type,cost,yieldFROMprintersJOIN printersandconsumables ON printers.printerid
=printersandconsumables.printeridJOINconsumables ON consumables.consumableid =printersandconsumables.consumableidWHERE
consumables.costIs Not NullAND consumables.yield Is Not Null) subquery2

ON (subquery1.make = subquery2.make
AND subquery1.model = subquery2.model
AND subquery1.color = subquery2.color
AND subquery1.type = subquery2.type)WHERE subquery2.cost / subquery2.yield <> subquery1.cppGROUP BY
subquery2.make,subquery2.model,

subquery2.color,subquery2.type,subquery1.cppORDER BY make, model;

> Can you tell me if this gives what you want, and if it doesn't, what is
> the error reported, or wrong result ?
>
> This is untested query, so Im not sure about it.
>
> Best,
> Oliver
>
> SELECT make, model, color,type, subquery1.cpp, min(cost/yield) as cpp2
> (
> SELECT printers.make, printers.model, consumables.color,
> consumables.type, min(cost/yield) AS cpp
> FROM printers
> JOIN printersandconsumables ON printers.printerid =
> printersandconsumables.printerid
> JOIN consumables ON consumables.consumableid =
> printersandconsumables.consumableid
> WHERE consumables.cost Is Not Null
> AND consumables.yield Is Not Null
> GROUP BY printers.make, printers.model, consumables.color,
> consumables.type
> ) subquery1
> NATURAL JOIN
> (
> SELECT printers.make, printers.model, consumables.color,
> consumables.type
> FROM printers
> JOIN printersandconsumables ON printers.printerid =
> printersandconsumables.printerid
> JOIN consumables ON consumables.consumableid =
> printersandconsumables.consumableid
> WHERE consumables.cost Is Not Null
> AND consumables.yield Is Not Null
> ) subquery2
> WHERE subquery2.cost / subquery2.yield <> subquery1.cpp
> GROUP BY make, model, color,type
> ORDER BY make, model;

Re: Lowest 2 items per

От