Обсуждение: COPY with FORMAT in Postgresql 9.x

COPY with FORMAT in Postgresql 9.x

От
Humair Mohammed

Postgres 9.x provies the COPY command with new syntax with a new option called FORMAT

However when I run the following command:

COPY dQstn FROM 'c:/bcp/postgres/dQstn.csv' WITH FORMAT csv;

I get the following error message:

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "FORMAT"

If I use the 8.x syntax without the FORMAT option it works fine.

Re: COPY with FORMAT in Postgresql 9.x

Дата:
Humair Mohammed <humairm@hotmail.com> writes:
> Postgres 9.x provies the COPY command with new syntax with a new option called FORMAT
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-copy.html
> However when I run the following command:
> COPY dQstn FROM 'c:/bcp/postgres/dQstn.csv' WITH FORMAT csv;
> I get the following error message:
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "FORMAT"
> If I use the 8.x syntax without the FORMAT option it works fine.

This is expected: you have to use the new syntax (with parens) for
any of the new options.
        regards, tom lane