Обсуждение: tsearch2 and wildcards/pattern matching?

tsearch2 and wildcards/pattern matching?

От
Peter Koczan
Дата:
Hi all,

Is there any sort of pattern matching or partial matching capability
in tsearch2?

I'd like to be able search for a common prefix (like for order
numbers). For instance, tsearch2 will index 'zvt123456' or
'zvt555555', but I'd like to be able to find both of them in one query
using something akin to 'zvt%', like

select * from attachments where textsearchable @@ 'zvt%';

I've been unable to find anything in documentation. If there's
anything in tsearch2 that can do this and is faster than LIKE clauses
on full-text, that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Peter

Re: tsearch2 and wildcards/pattern matching?

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
it's called prefix search:

=# select 'zvt123456'::tsvector @@ 'zvt:*'; ?column?
---------- t

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, Peter Koczan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there any sort of pattern matching or partial matching capability
> in tsearch2?
>
> I'd like to be able search for a common prefix (like for order
> numbers). For instance, tsearch2 will index 'zvt123456' or
> 'zvt555555', but I'd like to be able to find both of them in one query
> using something akin to 'zvt%', like
>
> select * from attachments where textsearchable @@ 'zvt%';
>
> I've been unable to find anything in documentation. If there's
> anything in tsearch2 that can do this and is faster than LIKE clauses
> on full-text, that would be fantastic.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: tsearch2 and wildcards/pattern matching?

От
Peter Koczan
Дата:
On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote: