Обсуждение: PostgreSQL Active-Active Configuration

PostgreSQL Active-Active Configuration

От
Dave Clements
Дата:
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some Master-Master replication solutions for
PostgreSQL database. Please let me know if you are using one and if
you are happy with the performance.

Thanks

Re: [ADMIN] PostgreSQL Active-Active Configuration

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 09:20 +0100, Iñigo Martinez Lasala wrote:
> For example, if you use functions or sentences that make use of
> timestamp, random, etc it won't be possible to use pg_pool since each
> node will have a different value.
> If not, it could probably work for you.

FWIW, timestamps are rewritten in recent pgpool versions to avoid such
issues.

However, similar problems exist for serial, etc.

-HTH.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: PostgreSQL Active-Active Configuration

От
"Plugge, Joe R."
Дата:
You may want to try Bucardo ...   By performance, are you referring to latency?  If so, bandwidth between sites
typicallyis the factor with latency in any replication solution.

http://bucardo.org/