Обсуждение: How to simulate (run) the function

How to simulate (run) the function

От
bilal ghayyad
Дата:
Hello;

I have an SQL function and I need to know how to simulate it (calling it and pass for it the argument and see what the
valueit returns), HOW? Can I do this from the pgAdminIII GUI or from the CLI?

This method help to check that the function is working fine specially if it will be called using the a specific
usernamewhich has access to that function.

Any advise?

Regards
Bilal

Re: How to simulate (run) the function

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 8:43 PM, bilal ghayyad<bilmar_gh@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello;
>
> I have an SQL function and I need to know how to simulate it (calling it and pass for it the argument and see what
thevalue it returns), HOW? Can I do this from the pgAdminIII GUI or from the CLI?

> This method help to check that the function is working fine specially if it will be called using the a specific
usernamewhich has access to that function.

You could call it in a transaction and roll back at the end of it.