Обсуждение: Creation of file from postgresql function

Creation of file from postgresql function

От
"Jyoti Seth"
Дата:
Hi,

I want to create a file on a disk through postgres function. I am trying to
use large objects functions (lo_create, lo_open and lo_write) for this.

In this, lo_open command is throwing error "invalid mode" or "Syntax error
whereas I have given the value of INV_WRITE from libpq-fs.h as mode.

libpq-fs.h File
#define INV_WRITE               0x00020000
#define INV_READ                0x00040000

If anyone has idea about this problem or know any other alternative to
create a file from postgres function, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jyoti

Re: Creation of file from postgresql function

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
> If anyone has idea about this problem or know any other alternative to
> create a file from postgres function, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Jyoti

On server-side?

You need a function written in an untrusted language, for instance
pl/perlU or plsh.

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer