Обсуждение: ascii-betical sort order?

ascii-betical sort order?

От
Peter Koczan
Дата:
Is there some way to do ascii-betical sort ordering in postgres (i.e.
capital letters come before lowercase)? It appears that text ordering
is dictionary-alphabetical. It's useful, but it's different from the
DBMS I'm porting some applications from (SQL Server, in case you were
curious).

It may not be terribly important, but it'd be useful to know in case
it actually is an issue.

I couldn't find any clear answer searching online.

Thanks,
Peter

Re: ascii-betical sort order?

Дата:
Peter Koczan <pjkoczan@gmail.com> writes:
> Is there some way to do ascii-betical sort ordering in postgres (i.e.
> capital letters come before lowercase)? It appears that text ordering
> is dictionary-alphabetical.

You're apparently using a non-C locale ... you need to re-initdb in
C locale.
        regards, tom lane

Re: ascii-betical sort order?

От
Peter Koczan
Дата:

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Kenneth Marshall <ktm@rice.edu> wrote:
> Try looking under Localization in the manual (Chapter 22).

Excellent, just what I was looking for. I'll look at this when I have
a bit more time.

Thanks,
Peter