Обсуждение: cast bool/int

cast bool/int

От
Zdravko Balorda
Дата:
Hi,
I need a casting operator from boolean to integer,
tu put in ALTER TABLE statment after USING.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Zdravko

Re: cast bool/int

От
Achilleas Mantzios
Дата:
Στις Monday 23 March 2009 09:59:12 ο/η Zdravko Balorda έγραψε:

> Hi,
> I need a casting operator from boolean to integer,
> tu put in ALTER TABLE statment after USING.

How about
CASE WHEN 't' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END

--
Achilleas Mantzios

Re: cast bool/int

От
Achilleas Mantzios
Дата:
Στις Monday 23 March 2009 09:59:12 ο/η Zdravko Balorda έγραψε:

> Hi,
> I need a casting operator from boolean to integer,
> tu put in ALTER TABLE statment after USING.

Sorry in the above email i meant smth like
CASE WHEN column='t' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END

however
SELECT 't'::boolean::int;
int4
------   1
(1 row)

and
SELECT 'f'::boolean::int;int4
------   0
(1 row)

work in 8.3

--
Achilleas Mantzios

Re: cast bool/int

От
Joshua Tolley
Дата:
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:18:31AM +0200, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> Στις Monday 23 March 2009 09:59:12 ο/η Zdravko Balorda έγραψε:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I need a casting operator from boolean to integer,
> > tu put in ALTER TABLE statment after USING.
> >

> Sorry in the above email i meant smth like
> CASE WHEN column='t' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END

Or just CASE WHEN column THEN 1 ELSE 0 END.

- Josh / eggyknap

Re: cast bool/int

От
Marcin Krawczyk
This:

SELECT true::integer, false::integer

also works on 8.1

--
regards
mk

2009/3/23 Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
Στις Monday 23 March 2009 09:59:12 ο/η Zdravko Balorda έγραψε:

> Hi,
> I need a casting operator from boolean to integer,
> tu put in ALTER TABLE statment after USING.

Sorry in the above email i meant smth like
CASE WHEN column='t' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END

however
SELECT 't'::boolean::int;
int4
------
   1
(1 row)

and
SELECT 'f'::boolean::int;
 int4
------
   0
(1 row)

work in 8.3

--
Achilleas Mantzios

Re: cast bool/int

От
Zdravko Balorda
Дата:
>> CASE WHEN column='t' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END
>
> Or just CASE WHEN column THEN 1 ELSE 0 END.

In the mean time I've got an elegant solution:

alter ... ... column TYPE smallint USING column::boolean::int::smallint;

It works, you wouldn't beleive it. ;)
Zdravko

Re: cast bool/int

От
Jasen Betts
Дата:
On 2009-03-23, Zdravko Balorda <zdravko.balorda@siix.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I need a casting operator from boolean to integer,
 you can use any expression....

> tu put in ALTER TABLE statment after USING.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks.
CASE WHEN columname THEN 1 WHEN NOT columname THEN 0 ELSE NULL END