Обсуждение: Extract interdependent info from one table

Extract interdependent info from one table

От
"Andrej Ricnik-Bay"
Дата:
Hi Guys,

I can't quite wrap my head around this one ...
I have
\d docmaster             Table "public.docmaster"    Column     |          Type          | Modifiers
----------------+------------------------+-----------alias1         | integer                |alias2         |
charactervarying(25)  |subclass_alias | character varying(25)  |docnum         | integer                | not
nullversion       | integer                |docname        | character varying(255) |

Indexes:   "docmaster_docnum_key" UNIQUE, btree (docnum)

with the following data:
# select * from docmaster ;alias1 |  alias2   | subclass_alias | docnum | version |     docname
--------+-----------+----------------+--------+---------+-----------------  3589 | Completed | Inquiry        | 653218
|      1 | My greater doc2  3587 | Pending   | Post           | 653216 |       3 | My great doc1  3588 | Draft   |
Reply         | 653217 |       1 | My great doc2  3587 | Draft   | Reply          | 653219 |       2 | My greater doc4

(4 rows)

Now I want to find inquiries (subclass_alias = 'Inquiry'), list their status and
also (if there's another row that a) has the same alias1, a subclass
of Reply and a status (alias2) of pending or redraft.... how do I
achieve this?

What I have is
select docnum, alias1, alias2, subclass_alias from docmaster where
(alias1 = ( select alias1 from docmaster where subclass_alias = 'Post'
and ( alias2 = 'Pending' or alias2 = 'Redraft' ))) and (  alias2 =
'Pending' or alias2 = 'Draft' ) and subclass_alias <> 'Post' ;docnum | alias1 | alias2  | subclass_alias
--------+--------+---------+----------------653219 |   3587 | Redraft | Reply
(1 row)

What I'd really like is to BOTH Post AND reply, with the alias2 for both.
Hope this was as clear as mud? :)

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

Re: Extract interdependent info from one table

От
"Phillip Smith"
Дата:
>  docnum | alias1 | alias2  | subclass_alias
> --------+--------+---------+----------------
>  653219 |   3587 | Redraft | Reply
> (1 row)
>
> What I'd really like is to BOTH Post AND reply, with the alias2 for both.
> Hope this was as clear as mud? :)

Absolutely clear as mud :P

I think this might be what you're after

SELECT       docnum,       alias1,       alias2,       subclass_alias
FROM       docmaster
WHERE       subclass_alias = 'Inquiry'   AND alias1        IN       (               SELECT                       alias1
             FROM                       docmaster               WHERE                       subclass_alias = 'Reply'
              AND                       (                               alias2 = 'Pending'
ORalias2 = 'Redraft'                       )       )

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - Save paper if you don't really need to print this

*******************Confidentiality and Privilege Notice*******************

The material contained in this message is privileged and confidential to
the addressee.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person, you may not copy
or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.

Information in this message that does not relate to the official business
of Weatherbeeta must be treated as neither given nor endorsed by Weatherbeeta.
Weatherbeeta, its employees, contractors or associates shall not be liable
for direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from transmission of this
message or any attachments
e-mail.

Re: Extract interdependent info from one table

От
"Andrej Ricnik-Bay"
Дата:
On 25/01/2008, Phillip Smith <phillip.smith@weatherbeeta.com.au> wrote:

> Absolutely clear as mud :P
sorry ... I'm not too good with expressing my SQL needs, I'm afraid,

Thanks for trying :}

In the end I got it sorted with the following
select dm.docnum, dm.alias1, dm.docname, dm.alias2 as "Status", dm2.alias2 as "Reply"
from docmaster as dm
left outer join ( select     alias1,     subclass_alias,     alias2,     entrywhen   from docmaster   where
subclass_aliasin ('Reply','MinTR')   and alias2 in ('PENDING','COMPLETED') ) as  dm2

on dm2.alias1 = dm.alias1
where dm.subclass_alias='Post' and alias2 in ('PENDING','REDRAFT');

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.