Обсуждение: execute system command from storage procedure

execute system command from storage procedure

От
"Sabin Coanda"
Дата:
Hi there,

Is it possible to execute a system command from a function ? (e.g. bash )

TIA,
Sabin

Re: execute system command from storage procedure

От
Erik Jones
Дата:
On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Sabin Coanda wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Is it possible to execute a system command from a function ? (e.g.
> bash )

If you use one of the untrusted procedural languages (e.g. plperlu,
plpythonu, ...) you can.

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888
615.292.0777 (fax)

Re: execute system command from storage procedure

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
Sabin Coanda <sabin.coanda@deuromedia.ro> schrieb:

> Hi there,
>
> Is it possible to execute a system command from a function ? (e.g. bash )

Yes, of course, but you need an untrusted language like pl/perlU oder
plsh. http://plsh.projects.postgresql.org/

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)