Обсуждение: Connection Limit

Connection Limit

От
"Jon Horsman"
Дата:
Hello,

I have a server running postgres 7.4.13 and am starting to see errors
"FATAL:  connection limit exceeded for non-superusers".

I'm not sure which one of my applications are hogging all of the
connections, is there a way debug this somehow?

Thanks,

Jon.

Re: Connection Limit

От
"Jon Horsman"
Дата:
I have another related question

when running ps -fax i see the following
<snip>7476 ?        S      0:00  |       \_ postgres: mobileuser
mobileextension [local] idle8046 ?        S      0:00  |       \_ postgres: mobileuser
mobileextension 127.0.0.1 idle
<snip>

I have a few processes that are running with host = 127.0.0.1 and then
about 90% of all the processes are running as [local].  What does
[local] mean, since in fact 127.0.0.1 is obviously local, how do they
differ?

Thanks,

Jon.

On 7/30/07, Jon Horsman <horshaq@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a server running postgres 7.4.13 and am starting to see errors
> "FATAL:  connection limit exceeded for non-superusers".
>
> I'm not sure which one of my applications are hogging all of the
> connections, is there a way debug this somehow?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon.

Re: Connection Limit

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 05:41:51PM -0400, Jon Horsman wrote:

> I have a few processes that are running with host = 127.0.0.1 and then
> about 90% of all the processes are running as [local].  What does
> [local] mean, since in fact 127.0.0.1 is obviously local, how do they
> differ?

I _believe_ [local] means UNIX domain socket.  As to your other
question, either ps or pg_stat_activity is  your friend.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The very definition of "news" is "something that hardly ever happens."        --Bruce Schneier

Re: Connection Limit

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On 7/30/07, Jon Horsman <horshaq@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a server running postgres 7.4.13 and am starting to see errors
> "FATAL:  connection limit exceeded for non-superusers".
>
> I'm not sure which one of my applications are hogging all of the
> connections, is there a way debug this somehow?

try netstat -an|grep 5432

assuming you're running pgsql on port 5432.  The nice thing about this
trick is that since postgresql uses /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 for local
connections, you'll see those too.

Re: Connection Limit

От
"Jon Horsman"
Дата:
Thanks for the help guys, i'll try your suggestions when i get a chance.

Jon.