Обсуждение: Subqueryes

Subqueryes

От
"Ezequias R. da Rocha"
Дата:
Hi list,

I must add some days (i.e:365) to my current_date and put it in my table
(an UPDATE). By now, it is simple but my "days to add" is in another table.

How could I do this kind of update

My sql is like this (but is not working):

update myTable
set date = (current_date + (Select daysToAdd from base.Table1 where
myFKey_id = Table1Id) )
where Expire_Date = now()::Date;

--
Atenciosamente
Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha

Re: Subqueryes

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Ezequias R. da Rocha wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I must add some days (i.e:365) to my current_date and put it in my table
> (an UPDATE). By now, it is simple but my "days to add" is in another table.
>
> How could I do this kind of update
>
> My sql is like this (but is not working):
>
> update myTable
> set date = (current_date + (Select daysToAdd from base.Table1 where
> myFKey_id = Table1Id) )
> where Expire_Date = now()::Date;

So what is the error message?

Re: Subqueryes

От
Richard Broersma Jr

> update myTable
> set date = (current_date + (Select daysToAdd from base.Table1 where
> myFKey_id = Table1Id) )
> where Expire_Date = now()::Date;

Does this work: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-update.html

UPDATE myTable
SET date = current_date + B.daysToAdd
FROM Table1 B
WHERE myFKey_id = B.Table1Id;

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: Subqueryes

От
"Ezequias R. da Rocha"
Дата:
Perfect quite nice. I am doing things that I could not believe I could
do without the community.

Thank you so much.