Обсуждение: Substitute

Substitute

От
Judith
Дата:
Hello everybody....

somebody knows, how I can substitute in a query if a field contains a
character that I want to be shown with other character?
for example if I have a \n I want to shows me a ~ in the result of the
select

thanks in advanced!!

Re: Substitute

От
"Milen A. Radev"
Judith написа:
> Hello everybody....
>
> somebody knows, how I can substitute in a query if a field contains a
> character that I want to be shown with other character?
>
> for example if I have a \n I want to shows me a ~ in the result of the
> select

Look for 'replace' here -
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/functions-string.html.

--
Milen A. Radev

Re: Substitute

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 05:54:47PM -0600, Judith wrote:
> somebody knows, how I can substitute in a query if a field contains a
> character that I want to be shown with other character?
>
> for example if I have a \n I want to shows me a ~ in the result of the
> select

One way is with translate().  See "String Functions and Operators"
in the documentation for more information.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/functions-string.html

--
Michael Fuhr