Обсуждение: PgAgent logging verbosity

PgAgent logging verbosity

От
"Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha"
Дата:
Hi list,

I would like to know if I set the debug mode to 2 (-l 2) in the pgAgent connection string it could spend much cpu processing.

I have other things running in the server and I don't like to create problem to others.

--
Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
http://ezequiasrocha.blogspot.com/

Re: [GENERAL] PgAgent logging verbosity

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I would like to know if I set the debug mode to 2 (-l 2) in the pgAgent
> connection string it could spend much cpu processing.
>
> I have other things running in the server and I don't like to create
> problem to others.

Please stop cross posting to lots of lists!

-l 2 is extremely unlikely to cause excessive CPU or IO, but it will
clutter logs, so you wouldn't want to leave it on permanently.

Regards, Dave

Re: [ADMIN] [GENERAL] PgAgent logging verbosity

От
"Ezequias R. da Rocha"
Дата:
Ok I will use only on error ok  ?

-l 0

:)

Thank you

Dave Page escreveu:
> Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I would like to know if I set the debug mode to 2 (-l 2) in the
>> pgAgent connection string it could spend much cpu processing.
>>
>> I have other things running in the server and I don't like to create
>> problem to others.
>
> Please stop cross posting to lots of lists!
>
> -l 2 is extremely unlikely to cause excessive CPU or IO, but it will
> clutter logs, so you wouldn't want to leave it on permanently.
>
> Regards, Dave

Re: [ADMIN] [GENERAL] PgAgent logging verbosity

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Ezequias R. da Rocha wrote:
> Ok I will use only on error ok  ?
>
> -l 0
>
> :)

In the normal case, yes, that is what I'd use (0 is the default in fact,
so you can omit the option altogether).

Regard,s Dave