Обсуждение: Re: [ADMIN] pg_dump error

Re: [ADMIN] pg_dump error

От
"Karthikeyan Sundaram"
Дата:
Hi Joshua,

   Thanks for your reply.  No, I recently installed (fresh installation)
from scratch.

Regards
skarthi

>From: "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>
>To: Karthikeyan Sundaram <skarthi98@hotmail.com>
>CC: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org, pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [ADMIN] pg_dump error
>Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:31:01 -0800
>
>Karthikeyan Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >     I am using 8.2.1 on my dev server.
> >
> >   When I do a pg_dump, I am getting an error message.
> >
> > pg_dump -U postgres  podcast -t channel
> >
> > pg_dump: symbol lookup error: pg_dump: undefined symbol:
>PQescapeStringConn
> >
> >   How can I resolved this? What may be the problem?
> >
> >    Because of this, I am not able to dump anything.
>
>Sounds like you have two different versions of pg_dump on your box. Did
>you recently try to upgrade?
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Joshua D. Drake
>

> > Regards
> > skarthi

> >               http://archives.postgresql.org
> >

>--
>
>       === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
>Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
>Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
>              http://www.commandprompt.com/
>
>Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate
>PostgreSQL Replication: http://www.commandprompt.com/products/

>TIP 7: You can help support the PostgreSQL project by donating at

Intro*Terms

pg_dump inquiry

От
"Karthikeyan Sundaram"
Дата:
Hi,

   I have to dump only 10 tables out of 100 tables.  In the pg_dump utility
given by postgres there is an option called -t followed by table name.

    In that option, if I give more than 1 table, it's not accepting.

    How can I get the dump in one stroke for all the 10 tables? Please
advise.

Regards
skarthi

Intro*Terms

Re: pg_dump inquiry

От
Osvaldo Rosario Kussama
Дата:
Karthikeyan Sundaram escreveu:
> Hi,
>
>   I have to dump only 10 tables out of 100 tables.  In the pg_dump
> utility given by postgres there is an option called -t followed by table
> name.
>
>    In that option, if I give more than 1 table, it's not accepting.
>
>    How can I get the dump in one stroke for all the 10 tables? Please
> advise.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/app-pgdump.html
"Multiple tables can be selected by writing multiple -t switches. Also,
the table parameter is interpreted as a pattern according to the same
rules used by psql's \d commands (see Patterns), so multiple tables can
also be selected by writing wildcard characters in the pattern."

[]s
Osvaldo

Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
Experimente já e veja as novidades.
http://br.yahoo.com/mailbeta/tudonovo/

Re: pg_dump inquiry

От
Joe
Дата:
On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 12:30 -0300, Osvaldo Rosario Kussama wrote:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/app-pgdump.html
> "Multiple tables can be selected by writing multiple -t switches. Also,
> the table parameter is interpreted as a pattern according to the same
> rules used by psql's \d commands (see Patterns), so multiple tables can
> also be selected by writing wildcard characters in the pattern."

But note that this is a new feature in 8.2.  In 8.1 and earlier,
multiple -t switches will only get you the last one specified.

Joe

Re: [ADMIN] pg_dump error

Дата:
"Karthikeyan Sundaram" <skarthi98@hotmail.com> writes:
>    Thanks for your reply.  No, I recently installed (fresh installation)
> from scratch.

Well, your pg_dump seems to be finding an older version of libpq.so from
somewhere.  Check for a pre-existing postgresql package.

            regards, tom lane