Обсуждение: autoupdating mtime column

autoupdating mtime column

От
"David Garamond"
Дата:
Dear all,<br /><br />Please see SQL below. I'm already satisfied with everything except I wish in #4, mtime got
automaticallyupdated to NOW() if not explicitly SET in UPDATE statement. Is there a way to make the mtime column behave
NEW.ctime= NOW(); end if;<br />    if NEW.mtime is null then NEW.mtime = NOW(); end if;<br />  elsif tg_op='UPDATE'
then<br />    if NEW.ctime is null then NEW.ctime = OLD.ctime; end if;<br />    if NEW.mtime is null then NEW.mtime =
/>updatet1 set t='new text1',mtime=null where id=1; <br /><br />

Re: autoupdating mtime column

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
David Garamond wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please see SQL below. I'm already satisfied with everything except I
> wish in
> #4, mtime got automatically updated to NOW() if not explicitly SET in
> UPDATE
> statement. Is there a way to make the mtime column behave more like I
> wanted? Thanks in advance.

Just check for OLD.mtime = NEW.mtime, or am I missing something here?

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

Re: autoupdating mtime column

От
"David Garamond"
Дата:
On 8/4/06, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
David Garamond wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please see SQL below. I'm already satisfied with everything except I
> wish in
> #4, mtime got automatically updated to NOW() if not explicitly SET in
> UPDATE
> statement. Is there a way to make the mtime column behave more like I
> wanted? Thanks in advance.

Just check for OLD.mtime = NEW.mtime, or am I missing something here?

How do I differentiate between:

UPDATE t SET mtime=mtime ...;

in which mtime is specifically set and should not change, and

UPDATE t SET foo=bar ...;

in which mtime is not mentioned and should be updated automagically to NOW().

--
dave

Re: autoupdating mtime column

От
"Rodrigo De León"
Дата:
On 8/4/06, David Garamond <davidgaramond@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/4/06, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
> > David Garamond wrote:
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > Please see SQL below. I'm already satisfied with everything except I
> > > wish in
> > > #4, mtime got automatically updated to NOW() if not explicitly SET in
> > > UPDATE
> > > statement. Is there a way to make the mtime column behave more like I
> > > wanted? Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Just check for OLD.mtime = NEW.mtime, or am I missing something here?
> >

> How do I differentiate between:
>
> UPDATE t SET mtime=mtime ...;
>
> in which mtime is specifically set and should not change, and
>
> UPDATE t SET foo=bar ...;
>
> in which mtime is not mentioned and should be updated automagically to
> NOW().

How about:

create or replace function
update_times()
returns trigger as $$begin    if TG_OP='INSERT' then        new.ctime = coalesce(new.ctime,now());        new.mtime =
coalesce(new.mtime,now());   elsif TG_OP='UPDATE' then        new.ctime = old.ctime;        new.mtime = now();    end
if;   return new;end;

$$ language plpgsql;

Regards,

Rodrigo