Обсуждение: ERROR: plan should not reference subplan's variable

ERROR: plan should not reference subplan's variable

От
"Catalin Pitis"
Дата:
Hi *

I'm trying to run the following SQL statement on a PostgreSQL 8.1, installed on a Windows machine:

INSERT INTO PROJECT(PROJECT_ID,PROJECT_DESC)
(
SELECT MAX(PROJECT_ID),'MYPROJECT'
FROM PROJECT
WHERE NOT EXISTS
 (
  SELECT PROJECT_DESC FROM PROJECT WHERE PROJECT_DESC = 'MYPROJECT'
 )
)

and I get the following error:

ERROR:  plan should not reference subplan's variable

If, for example, I replace MAX with some other aggregation (e.g. AVG or SUM), everything works ok.

The table DDL looks like:

CREATE TABLE project
(
  project_id int4 NOT NULL,
  project_desc varchar(255),
  CONSTRAINT project_pkey PRIMARY KEY (project_id)
)
WITH OIDS;

Do you have any clue why does this happen?

Thanks,
Catalin

Re: ERROR: plan should not reference subplan's variable

Дата:
"Catalin Pitis" <cpitis.pgsql@gmail.com> writes:
> ERROR:  plan should not reference subplan's variable
> Do you have any clue why does this happen?

It's a bug :-(.  Thanks for the test case --- I'll look into it tonight
or tomorrow, if no one beats me to it.
        regards, tom lane

Re: ERROR: plan should not reference subplan's variable

Дата:
"Catalin Pitis" <cpitis.pgsql@gmail.com> writes:
> ERROR:  plan should not reference subplan's variable

I've applied a patch for this; will be in 8.1.4.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-05/msg00016.php
        regards, tom lane

Re: ERROR: plan should not reference subplan's variable

От
"Catalin Pitis"
Дата:
Hi Tom

Could you tell me when will 8.1.4 be released with the problem solved?

Thanks,
Catalin

"Catalin Pitis" <cpitis.pgsql@gmail.com> writes:
> ERROR:  plan should not reference subplan's variable

I've applied a patch for this; will be in 8.1.4.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-05/msg00016.php

                       regards, tom lane

Re: ERROR: plan should not reference subplan's variable

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 08:08:22AM +0300, Catalin Pitis wrote:
> Hi Tom
>
> Could you tell me when will 8.1.4 be released with the problem solved?

In general, you can't rely on hard release dates in a free software
project.  Given that's in the STABLE branch, however, you could get
it directly from CVS and build it yourself.  Directions for doing
this are on the website (possibly in the developer's section, note).

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.    --George Orwell