Обсуждение: how can i UPDATE without dead rows

how can i UPDATE without dead rows

От
csepinek@freemail.hu
Дата:
:)<p><aclass="RVTS7" href="mailto:csepinek@freemail.hu"><br /></a>

Re: how can i UPDATE without dead rows

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
csepinek@freemail.hu wrote:
> Hi!
>

> My program must use UPDATE usualy, and there will be many dead rows in this table
> what throttle down the db server. I would like to update so not create dead row.
> How can i do this?

You can't - that's how MVCC works. Make sure your free-space-map
settings are large enough in postgresql.conf and that you vacuum enough
- that will keep the "dead" space being re-used.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd