Обсуждение: detaching triggers

detaching triggers

От
Enrico Weigelt
Дата:
Hi folks,

is it somehow possible to detach trigger, so the calling transaction
can return immediately, even before the trigger function has
returned.

I've got to do some quite complex things which may need some time,
when some clients fill in some data, but the results are quite
uninteresting to these clients - its important that the client's
query is finished as fast as possible.

The only solution I currently know is to fill somethings in a queue
table by rule and have an external daemon looking at it every second.
But this doesnt seem very optimal for me.

Any better idea out these ?

thx
--
---------------------------------------------------------------------Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
 phone:     +49 36207 519931         www:       http://www.metux.de/ fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:

----------------------------------------------------------------------- DSL ab 0 Euro. -- statische IP -- UUCP --
Hosting-- Webshops --

Re: detaching triggers

От
Mike Rylander
Дата:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:41:02 +0200, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> is it somehow possible to detach trigger, so the calling transaction
> can return immediately, even before the trigger function has
> returned.

No, but see below.

> The only solution I currently know is to fill somethings in a queue
> table by rule and have an external daemon looking at it every second.
> But this doesnt seem very optimal for me.

Take a look at the LISTEN/NOTIFY interfaces in the docs.  This will
allow async post-transaction processing.  You can set up an ALSO rule
to notify when a particular type of statement has executed against
your target table.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-listen.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-notify.html

See the bottom of: