Обсуждение: How to iterate through arrays?

How to iterate through arrays?

От
NosyMan
Дата:
Hi there,

I'm trying to iterate through arrays in PL/PGSQL:
....DECLARE    update_query CHAR;    update_query_params CHAR ARRAY[6];BEGIN        update_query_params[1]:='some
text';                       RAISE NOTICE 'Testing element %', update_query_params[1];END

It does not 'compile'... :-(. Can you tell me what is the problem?

Thanks,
Nosy

Re: How to iterate through arrays?

От
PFC
Дата:
- use TEXT instead of CHAR (what is CHAR without (n) ?)
- inintialize your array with '{}' because it is created as NULL if you
just declare it without setting it to an empty array.

> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to iterate through arrays in PL/PGSQL:
>     DECLARE
>         update_query CHAR;
>         update_query_params CHAR ARRAY[6];
>     BEGIN
>             update_query_params[1]:='some text';
>
>             RAISE NOTICE 'Testing element %', update_query_params[1];
>     END
>

> It does not 'compile'... :-(. Can you tell me what is the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Nosy

Re: How to iterate through arrays?

От
NosyMan
Дата:
I think the problem is not there. I got the following error:
'ERROR:  syntax error at or near "[" at character 1234', the line is: RAISE
NOTICE '% ...',update_query_params[1];

May be someone give a code sample...

Thanks

Pe data de Mie 09 Feb 2005 16:16, ati scris:
> - use TEXT instead of CHAR (what is CHAR without (n) ?)
> - inintialize your array with '{}' because it is created as NULL if you
> just declare it without setting it to an empty array.

Re: How to iterate through arrays?

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Feb 9, 2005, at 9:26 AM, NosyMan wrote:

> I think the problem is not there. I got the following error:
> 'ERROR:  syntax error at or near "[" at character 1234', the line is:
> RAISE
> NOTICE '% ...',update_query_params[1];

The problem here is RAISE, NOTICE, etc. can only use simple variables
in the format string. Try it like:

myTextVar := update_query_params[1];
NOTICE '% ...',myTextVar;

John DeSoi, Ph.D.