Обсуждение: plpsql function problem

plpsql function problem

От
drdani@mazsola.iit.uni-miskolc.hu
Дата:
Hi,

I'm writing a plpgsql function. There is an insert in it (let's say to
table1). This insert causes to call a trigger function which inserts
some info to an other table (let's say table2):

function  .  insert into table1 ...  --> trigger function (runs after insert)                                 .
                       insert into table2 ...  .  select from table2 ... not found  .

This info looks to be unavailable inside the function. Can it be made
availabel or must this whole thing reorgenized?

Daniel

Re: plpsql function problem

Дата:
drdani@mazsola.iit.uni-miskolc.hu writes:
> function
>    .
>    insert into table1 ...  --> trigger function (runs after insert)
>                                   .
>                                   insert into table2 ...
>    .
>    select from table2 ... not found
>    .

> This info looks to be unavailable inside the function. Can it be made
> availabel or must this whole thing reorgenized?

If it's an AFTER trigger, the trigger is currently not fired until the
end of the entire command (ie, whatever interactive command called your
function).  So the SELECT isn't seeing the result because it hasn't
happened yet.

This will change in PG 8.0.
        regards, tom lane