Обсуждение: Drop all indexes of a table w/o knowing the index names

Drop all indexes of a table w/o knowing the index names

От
Giulio Orsero
Дата:
7.4.6 on Linux.

I need a way to drop all indexes of a table without knowing the names of the

Say I have a table

table1index1index2index3

I don't want to do

drop index1;
drop index2;
drop index3;

but I want

drop <all indexes of table table1>

is this possible? I looked in the manual at pg_index, but couldn't build an
sql string to do it.

Thanks

--
giulioo@pobox.com

Re: Drop all indexes of a table w/o knowing the index names

От
Achilleus Mantzios
Дата:
O Giulio Orsero έγραψε στις Nov 9, 2004 :

> 7.4.6 on Linux.
>
> I need a way to drop all indexes of a table without knowing the names of the
>
> Say I have a table
>
> table1
>     index1
>     index2
>     index3
>
> I don't want to do
>
> drop index1;
> drop index2;
> drop index3;
>
> but I want
>
> drop <all indexes of table table1>

if your are using default namespace (schema)
% tcsh

% foreach i ( `psql -t -q -c "SELECT ci.relname from pg_index i,pg_class
ci,pg_class ct where i.indexrelid=ci.oid and i.indrelid=ct.oid and
ct.relname='YOUR_TABLE_HERE'"` )
foreach? psql -c "drop index $i"
foreach? end

--
-Achilleus

Re: Drop all indexes of a table w/o knowing the index names

От
Giulio Orsero
Дата:
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:30:25 +0200 (EET), Achilleus Mantzios
<achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:

>O Giulio Orsero Ýãñáøå óôéò Nov 9, 2004 :
>> I need a way to drop all indexes of a table without knowing the names of the

>% foreach i ( `psql -t -q -c "SELECT ci.relname from pg_index i,pg_class
>ci,pg_class ct where i.indexrelid=ci.oid and i.indrelid=ct.oid and
>ct.relname='YOUR_TABLE_HERE'"` )
>foreach? psql -c "drop index $i"
>foreach? end

Ok, worked as expected.