Обсуждение: CREATE TYPE

CREATE TYPE

От
"Ameen - Etemady"
Дата:
I want to create a data type that have tow arguments in the defenition,
like the varchar type:
create table mytmp(name varchar(10));

I like to do it like this:
create table mytmp(name myvarchar(10,"en_US"));

whow can it be done by "CREATE TYPE"
I want to implement the internal functions (compare, ...).
I faunded the documentation but I can't see any thing that help me to
create a type same as varchar( with argument)

Notice: I don't mean using "CREATE TYPE myvarchar AS( lenght integer,
collate char(10))

Thanks

Re: CREATE TYPE

От
Jeff
Дата:
On Nov 3, 2004, at 10:56 AM, Ameen - Etemady wrote:

> I like to do it like this:
> create table mytmp(name myvarchar(10,"en_US"));

you can't unless you modify the parser.
It has special cases to support varchar (and numeric)  syntax.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/

Re: CREATE TYPE

От
sad
Дата:
Hello

i note something related to this discussion

> create table mytmp(name myvarchar(10,"en_US"));

i meant that "en_US"  is a locale name, then it means natural language and
also character encoding -- those both things are not a matter of SQL-TYPE at
all. It is wrong to represent application specific data in SQL-TYPE itself.