Обсуждение: Postgres Doubt

Postgres Doubt

От
sreejith s
Дата:
Hello,     I am new to PostgreSQL. I have a doubt. Now i am doing one
project in .NET technology with postgres(linux) as database. I am
using pgADMIN and pgManager as tools for database releted activities.
Now i am able to create functions with 'sql' language. When i select
'pgsql' as language for creating query, an error poping up. How to
create Query using 'pgsql' language. if any new tools need to be
installed. Plz rectify. Mail me back at sreejith77@rediffmail.com

Sreejith

Re: Postgres Doubt

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Sep 27, 2004, at 11:27 PM, sreejith s wrote:

> Hello,
>       I am new to PostgreSQL. I have a doubt. Now i am doing one
> project in .NET technology with postgres(linux) as database. I am
> using pgADMIN and pgManager as tools for database releted activities.
> Now i am able to create functions with 'sql' language. When i select
> 'pgsql' as language for creating query, an error poping up. How to
> create Query using 'pgsql' language. if any new tools need to be
> installed. Plz rectify. Mail me back at sreejith77@rediffmail.com

You need to use the createlang utility to add pgsql to your database.

see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/app-createlang.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/sql-
createlanguage.html

You generally want to do this for template1 so it will be available in
any new database you create.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/