Обсуждение: v7.2 triggers and foreign keys

v7.2 triggers and foreign keys

От
"Paul Gimpelj"
Дата:
Hi,

I have two tables a and b.; b references a.
I used pgaccess to create tables.
and psql to create the triggers and foreign keys. a has sequential id, and primary key same column.

As constraints they were implicit, and cascade was off.

On delete of the of a b row, postgres also deleted the a table row.

I then created a2 and b2 with action queries. and the delete acted as expected.

Where am i going wrong with this?
Do I need to install 7.4?

Also, created tables a3 and b3, with sequential ids using pgaccess same as a and b, and the seq id's don't increment with these tables.

Thanks.
paul

Re: v7.2 triggers and foreign keys

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Paul Gimpelj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two tables a and b.; b references a.
> I used pgaccess to create tables.
> and psql to create the triggers and foreign keys. a has sequential id, and primary key same column.
>
> As constraints they were implicit, and cascade was off.
>
> On delete of the of a b row, postgres also deleted the a table row.

You'll need to show the table definitions (with foreign keys etc) and
also trigger definitions (use "\d table_a" in psql or "pg_dump
--schema-only -t tablename")

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd