Обсуждение: Subqueries returning more than one value?

Subqueries returning more than one value?

От
Adam Witney
Дата:
Hi,

I am using a function in a subquery, this works ok:

SELECT name, (SELECT p_my_func(1)) AS id FROM test;

However I would like to have the function return 2 values into the main
query... Something like this:

SELECT name, (SELECT p_my_func(1)) AS (id, type) FROM test;

Of course this gives the error:

ERROR:  subquery must return only one column

Is there any way around this?

Thanks for any help

adam

believed to be clean.

Re: Subqueries returning more than one value?

От
CoL
Дата:
hi,

Adam Witney wrote, On 5/11/2004 02:09:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a function in a subquery, this works ok:
>
> SELECT name, (SELECT p_my_func(1)) AS id
>   FROM test;
>
> However I would like to have the function return 2 values into the main
> query... Something like this:
>
> SELECT name, (SELECT p_my_func(1)) AS (id, type)
>   FROM test;
>
> Of course this gives the error:
>
> ERROR:  subquery must return only one column
>
> Is there any way around this?

SELECT name,t.*  FROM (SELECT p_my_func(1)) AS t(id, type), test

C.