Обсуждение: Invalid Characters

Invalid Characters

От
"Raman"
Дата:
Hi All,

I have imported some data from csv files in my DB. Now that data has some invalid characters stored in it.
so I get this exception:

Exception in ChannelDAO Invalid character data was found.  This is most likely caused by stored data containing characters that are invalid for the character set
 the database was created in.  The most common example of this is storing 8bit data in a SQL_ASCII database.

Now, I tried using to_ascii() fn in my select query but it didn't work. Cn you please suggest any solution so that invalid characters should not come to my webpage while displaying.

Regards
Raman Garg

Re: Invalid Characters

От
Paul Thomas
Дата:
On 15/03/2004 10:37 Raman wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have imported some data from csv files in my DB. Now that data has some
> invalid characters stored in it.
> so I get this exception:
>
> Exception in ChannelDAO Invalid character data was found.  This is most
> likely caused by stored data containing characters that are invalid for
> the character set
>  the database was created in.  The most common example of this is storing
> 8bit data in a SQL_ASCII database.
>

> Now, I tried using to_ascii() fn in my select query but it didn't work.
> Cn you please suggest any solution so that invalid characters should not
> come to my webpage while displaying.
>
> Regards
> Raman Garg

Use UNICODE as the db encoding. You'll have to drop and re-create the db
though.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for
Business             |
| Computer Consultants         |