Обсуждение:

"Prashanthi Muthyala"
Дата:
Hi

I have a postgresql in my red hat linux machine which will be our webserver.
previously we had mysql in suse linux in another machine. so we are having
a new webserver now with postgresql. I want to transfer my tables in mysql
to postgresql so that I continue with my stuff in the new server.

I tried to search for the transfer of tables from mysql to postgresql
located on different machines, but could not figure out exactly how to
start and proceed.

could you please guide me through this process....

thank you
prashanthi

Re:

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Prashanthi Muthyala wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a postgresql in my red hat linux machine which will be our webserver.
> previously we had mysql in suse linux in another machine. so we are having
> a new webserver now with postgresql. I want to transfer my tables in mysql
> to postgresql so that I continue with my stuff in the new server.
>
> I tried to search for the transfer of tables from mysql to postgresql
> located on different machines, but could not figure out exactly how to
> start and proceed.
>
> could you please guide me through this process....

Download the postgresql source package, untar it, and look in the
/contrib/mysql directory, or go to:

http://ziet.zhitomir.ua/~fonin/code/

and download the latest version there.

Re:

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Tuesday 03 February 2004 17:46, Prashanthi Muthyala wrote:

> I tried to search for the transfer of tables from mysql to postgresql
> located on different machines, but could not figure out exactly how to
> start and proceed.

There is a section on converting from MySQL at the url below. http://techdocs.postgresql.org/

Feel free to come back and ask some more if you have any problems.
--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd

Re:

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Look at
    http://techdocs.postgresql.org/#convertfrom

There are several documents discussing converting from MySQL to PostgreSQL.

Jan