Обсуждение:

"MUKTA"
Дата:
Hi!
I want to insert values into a table using the C syscalls provided by the libpq library, but i find that i cant insert into the table when i use variables instead of values...like so:
int a,b,c,d;
using the C function

res=PQexecute(Conn,"INSERT into table values(a,b,c,d));....

Is there some special way to insert variables rather than plain values? do i have to build functions (in sql) or somehting?help!
Thanx
Mukta

Re:

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Thursday 29 January 2004 12:02, MUKTA wrote:

> res=PQexecute(Conn,"INSERT into table values(a,b,c,d));....
>
> Is there some special way to insert variables rather than plain values? do
> i have to build functions (in sql) or somehting?help! Thanx

Yes, but the something you want is probably ECPG - see the "client interfaces"
section of the documentation.

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd