Обсуждение: Database diagram

Database diagram

От
"Ganesan Kanavathy"
Дата:
I have a postgres database with many tables.

How do I create database diagram? Are there any free tools available to
create database diagram from pgsql database?

Regards,
Ganesan

Re: Database diagram

От
"Denis"
Дата:
Hi Ganesan,

You can try ERWin (by CA).

It creates Logical data model of the database. (though.. i haven't used
it..)

HTH

Thanx

Denis

> I have a postgres database with many tables.
>
> How do I create database diagram? Are there any free tools available to
> create database diagram from pgsql database?
>
> Regards,
> Ganesan

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Database diagram

От
Roberto Mello
Дата:
On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 02:38:12PM +0800, Ganesan Kanavathy wrote:
> I have a postgres database with many tables.
>
> How do I create database diagram? Are there any free tools available to
> create database diagram from pgsql database?

There are several such tools:

http://www.rbt.ca/autodoc/
dbVisualizer - gratis, but not Free

and many others. Search in freshmeat.net and google.

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +

Re: Database diagram

От
"Gregory S. Williamson"
Дата:
ERWin is likely to be expensive, judging by the cost for an Informix license. It is also a serious tool; has its quirks
butcan be used to reverse engineer as well as define a database with detailed support for triggers and the like.

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC

> I have a postgres database with many tables.
>
> How do I create database diagram? Are there any free tools available to
> create database diagram from pgsql database?
>
> Regards,
> Ganesan

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate     subscribe-nomail command to
majordomo@postgresql.orgso that your     message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Re: Database diagram

От
Luis Sousa
Дата:
Ganesan Kanavathy wrote:

>I have a postgres database with many tables.
>
>How do I create database diagram? Are there any free tools available to
>create database diagram from pgsql database?
>
>Regards,
>Ganesan

>TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Did you already tried dia?
I never used it, but someone told me that imports data definition from
PostgreSQL. You can try it.

Luis Sousa

Re: Database diagram

От
"Chris Travers"
Дата:
There is a free Perl script which is called something like pgautodoc which
creates DIA diagrams from databases.  Take a look for it on Freshmeat.
> I have a postgres database with many tables.
>
> How do I create database diagram? Are there any free tools available to
> create database diagram from pgsql database?
>
> Regards,
> Ganesan

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: [ADMIN] Database diagram

От
Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Дата:
Dear Ganesan,

pgautodoc (for dot output)  + dot (from graphviz.org , creates
postscript) +
epssplit ( splits the postscript into multipage so that one can create
poster size
diagrams) works well for me.

I have 45 tables in the database though.

Regds
mallah.