Обсуждение: Triggers

Triggers

От
beyaRecords - The home Urban music
Дата:
Hi,
does postgresql support the ability to email as in SQL Server? I want
to create a trigger which on input of a record will send out an email.
Is this possible?

Uzo

Re: Triggers

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
beyaRecords - The home Urban music wrote:
> does postgresql support the ability to email as in SQL Server? I want
> to create a trigger which on input of a record will send out an
> email. Is this possible?

Write a trigger function in, say, PL/PerlU or PL/sh and have it send the
email with the usual Perl or shell commands.

Re: Triggers

От
Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Дата:
Dear Uzo  ,

> Hi,
> does postgresql support the ability to email as in SQL Server? I want
> to create a trigger which on input of a record will send out an email.
> Is this possible?

http://pgmail.sourceforge.net/ is what you need.

Regards,

Vishal Kashyap

Re: Triggers

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Monday 12 January 2004 16:14, beyaRecords - The home Urban music wrote:
> Hi,
> does postgresql support the ability to email as in SQL Server? I want
> to create a trigger which on input of a record will send out an email.
> Is this possible?

Have a look in the mailing list archives - this has been covered recently. I
seem to recall there is an add-on that does just this.

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd

Re: Triggers

От
BenLaKnet
Дата:
postgresqlsupport the ability to email as in SQL Server? I want to create a trigger which on input of a record will
/>TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate <br />      subscribe-nomail command to <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"href="mailto:majordomo@postgresql.org">majordomo@postgresql.org</a> so that your <br />

Re: Triggers

От
Benoît BOURNON
Дата:
I try pgmail and that is well running ...
fo security, do not use attachment files with your mail ...

try pgmail, you need to use pl/tclu ...

Ben