Обсуждение: Link Oracle tables in Postgre

Link Oracle tables in Postgre

От
OpenGis
Дата:
Howdy,

I’d like to do (live) link of Oracle table (on win) in Postgres (on RH9
box).
In Oracle are stored attribute of my spatial layer collect in
postgres-postgis geo-database ono-to-one relationship. I use Mapserver
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu) in order to render web map stored in
postgres. I need to perform filer after do JOIN between oracle-postgres
data.

Any suggest?

Do you know where can I find documentation? best-practice?
Thank

--
opengis (at) libero (dot) it

Re: Link Oracle tables in Postgre

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Wednesday 01 October 2003 16:24, OpenGis wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I’d like to do (live) link of Oracle table (on win) in Postgres (on RH9
> box).
> In Oracle are stored attribute of my spatial layer collect in
> postgres-postgis geo-database ono-to-one relationship. I use Mapserver
> (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu) in order to render web map stored in
> postgres. I need to perform filer after do JOIN between oracle-postgres
> data.

You might want to search the mailing list archives for discussion of an oracle
version of dblink - I seem to remember someone saying they were working on
such a thing.

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd

Re: Link Oracle tables in Postgre

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Richard,

> You might want to search the mailing list archives for discussion of an
> oracle version of dblink - I seem to remember someone saying they were
> working on such a thing.

Yes, it'll be out sometime after 7.4.   According to their posts in August,
it's in alpha right now and just barely didn't make it into the 7.4 source.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Link Oracle tables in Postgre

От
OpenGis
Дата:
wrap="">Richard,
oracle version of dblink - I seem to remember someone saying they were
Yes, it'll be out sometime after 7.4.   According to their posts in August,
it's in alpha right now and just barely didn't make it into the 7.4 source.
(notsupported linux version) it's necessary to set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL = 2.4.1 <br /> Al last I've install OCI (full
Oracleclient runtime) -> libsqlora8 -> dblink_ora (developed by Hans Jurgen Schonig). <br /><br /> Best regards

opengis (at) libero (dot) it
AOL: open2gis</pre>