Обсуждение: cleaning up useless pl/pgsql functions

cleaning up useless pl/pgsql functions

От
Tomasz Myrta
Дата:
Hi
Do you have any easy script to remove all pl/pgsql function? After a lot of
changes inside "create or replace function..." scripts I have a big mess. I
want to remove all user defined pl/pgsql functions and restore some of them
from my scripts again.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta

Re: cleaning up useless pl/pgsql functions

От
Tomasz Myrta
Дата:
Dnia 2003-06-30 23:13, Użytkownik Tomasz Myrta napisał:
> Hi
> Do you have any easy script to remove all pl/pgsql function? After a lot
> of changes inside "create or replace function..." scripts I have a big
> mess. I want to remove all user defined pl/pgsql functions and restore
> some of them from my scripts again.
>

> Regards,
> Tomasz Myrta

Hmm Answer to myself:

DELETE from pg_proc where prolang =(select oid from pg_language where
lanname='plpgsq');

What do you think about it?

Tomasz

Re: cleaning up useless pl/pgsql functions

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Tomasz,

> Hmm Answer to myself:
>
> DELETE from pg_proc where prolang =(select oid from pg_language where
> lanname='plpgsq');
>
> What do you think about it?

You probably also want to put a "proowner = {your userid}" condition in there,
just in case there are any builtins/contrib stuff that uses plpgsql.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco

Re: cleaning up useless pl/pgsql functions

От
"Mendola Gaetano"
Дата:
"Tomasz Myrta" <jasiek@klaster.net> wrote:
> Hi
> Do you have any easy script to remove all pl/pgsql function? After a lot
of
> changes inside "create or replace function..." scripts I have a big mess.
> want to remove all user defined pl/pgsql functions and restore some of
them
> from my scripts again.

You shall be able to identify the name of your own function and do:

SELECT 'DROP function ' || proname || ' ('||  oidvectortypes(proargtypes) ||
');' from pg_proc WHERE proname ~ '^sp_';

I identify my own function because the prefix sp_.

I hope that this help you.

Gaetano

Re: cleaning up useless pl/pgsql functions

От
Rod Taylor
Дата:
On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 21:13, Tomasz Myrta wrote:
> Hi
> Do you have any easy script to remove all pl/pgsql function? After a lot of
> changes inside "create or replace function..." scripts I have a big mess. I
> want to remove all user defined pl/pgsql functions and restore some of them
> from my scripts again.

DROP PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql CASCADE;
CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql ...

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc