Обсуждение: Postgres - Delphi Application

Postgres - Delphi Application

От
"murali"
Дата:
Hi

I' would like to connect my postgres database on a linux server with Delphi 5 Applications,which are located on Win95/98 Clients, very helpful would be an example on how to realize a connection of these things

Thanks

Murali

Re: Postgres - Delphi Application

От
Tomasz Myrta
Дата:
Dnia 2003-06-19 19:50, Użytkownik murali napisał:
> Hi>> I' would like to connect my postgres database on a linux server with> Delphi 5 Applications,which are located on
Win95/98Clients, very> helpful would be an example on how to realize a connection of these things>> Thanks>> Murali

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zeoslib

Nice solution - your executable needs only small libpq.dll file without any
annoying BDE/ODBC installation.
There is one more native driver for C++ Builder/Delphi - pgexpress, but it's
not free.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta

Re: Postgres - Delphi Application

От
Tomasz Myrta
Дата:
Dnia 2003-06-27 12:25, Użytkownik btober@seaworthysys.com napisał:
<cut>
> I think I looked at zeos at some point and found that it did not support
> md5 authentication, which, at the time, I thought was important.
>
> ~Berend Tober

Zeos has nothing to authentication. It's a matter of libpq library, which
currently supports md5 authentication. If you need more security - you can
even compile libpq with ssl.

Tomasz

Re: Postgres - Delphi Application

От
Együd Csaba
Дата:
Tomasz,
it seems to be interesting for me as well, but actually I can't download a
file from the given url.
I just click on the binary zip link, but nothing happen. How should I click?
:)

Thanks,
-- Csaba

> Dnia 2003-06-19 19:50, Użytkownik murali napisał:
>
>  > Hi
>  >
>  > I' would like to connect my postgres database on a linux server with
>  > Delphi 5 Applications,which are located on Win95/98 Clients, very
>  > helpful would be an example on how to realize a connection of these
things
>  >
>  > Thanks
>  >
>  > Murali
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/zeoslib
>
> Nice solution - your executable needs only small libpq.dll file without
any
> annoying BDE/ODBC installation.
> There is one more native driver for C++ Builder/Delphi - pgexpress, but
it's
> not free.
>
> Regards,
> Tomasz Myrta

---

Re: Postgres - Delphi Application

От
Дата:
> Dnia 2003-06-27 12:25, U¿ytkownik btober@seaworthysys.com napisa³:
> <cut>
>> I think I looked at zeos at some point and found that it did not
>> support md5 authentication, which, at the time, I thought was
>> important.
>> ~Berend Tober
> Zeos has nothing to authentication. It's a matter of libpq library,
> which  currently supports md5 authentication. If you need more security
> - you can  even compile libpq with ssl.
> Tomasz

Not sure I was clear. Using zeos, you get a set of Delphi components that
connect the database back end with user-interface controls on your Delphi
TForm objects, like TDBEdit, TDBMemo, etc. You use those zeos components
instead of the standard "messy" BDE database components TDatabase,
TQuery, TTable, etc. While the zeos components would successfully connect
to the database back end, they would not allow or require
database-enforced md5 authentication at the user-interface end. I didn't
want to have to invent my own authentication scheme when the database is
capable of doing a good job.

~Berend Tober

Re: Postgres - Delphi Application

От
Дата:
> Dnia 2003-06-19 19:50, U¿ytkownik murali napisa³:
>  > I' would like to connect my postgres database on a linux server with
> Delphi 5 Applications,which are located on Win95/98 Clients, very
> helpful would be an example on how to realize a connection of these
> things
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/zeoslib
>
> Nice solution - your executable needs only small libpq.dll file without
> any  annoying BDE/ODBC installation.

I think I looked at zeos at some point and found that it did not support
md5 authentication, which, at the time, I thought was important.

~Berend Tober

Re: Postgres - Delphi Application

От
Tomasz Myrta
Дата:
Dnia 2003-06-27 16:07, Użytkownik Együd Csaba napisał:
> Tomasz,
> it seems to be interesting for me as well, but actually I can't download a
> file from the given url.
> I just click on the binary zip link, but nothing happen. How should I click?
> :)
>
> Thanks,

There is nothing special - it's a default sourceforge download. First you
choose version and target of file, after this you have to choose mirror you
want to use and then you download.

Tomasz

Re: Postgres - Delphi Application

От
Együd Csaba
Дата:
Both link work nicely, thanks.
I don't know what could be the problem with the others.
But it's not important by now....

Thank you.

-- Csaba