Обсуждение: find open transactions/locks in 7.2?

find open transactions/locks in 7.2?

От
george young
Дата:
[select version() --> PostgreSQL 7.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 3.0.4]

I'm getting hangups every day or so, I presume due to some open transaction
that insert/update/delete'ed on a table that is used by my main app without
a commit.

Is there some way (in 7.2!) to find who's locking what or who has
a transaction open?

-- George

-- I cannot think why the whole bed of the ocean isnot one solid mass of oysters, so prolific they seem. Ah,I am
wandering!Strange how the brain controls the brain!-- Sherlock Holmes in "The Dying Detective"

Re: find open transactions/locks in 7.2?

От
Christoph Haller

> [select version() --> PostgreSQL 7.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by
GCC 3.0.4]

> I'm getting hangups every day or so, I presume due to some open
transaction
> that insert/update/delete'ed on a table that is used by my main app
without
> a commit.
>
> Is there some way (in 7.2!) to find who's locking what or who has
> a transaction open?

AFAICT No.
There has been a thread on a similar topic
[HACKERS] Can pessimistic locking be emulated?
but it was all referring to 7.3.
Anyway, you might want to check.
Regards, Christoph