Обсуждение: see toast table

see toast table

От
"Eric Anderson Vianet SAO"
Дата:
How coul i see a toast table.

i can´t visualise it at pgadmin.

tnx

Eric Anderson Martins Miranda
Net Admin @ Via Net SAO

Re: see toast table

От
Christoph Haller

> How could i see a toast table.
>
> i can't visualise it at pgadmin.

RTFM. Read The Fine Manual. Especially:
$PGSQLD/doc/html/catalog-pg-class.html
$PGSQLD/doc/html/monitoring-stats.html
$PGSQLD/doc/html/page.html

Regards, Christoph

Re: see toast table

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Eric Anderson Vianet SAO wrote:
> How coul i see a toast table.
>
> i can´t visualise it at pgadmin.

I was wondering what you expect to see then? They are a technical
implementation detail within the storage management.

Jan

Re: see toast table

От
"Eric Anderson Vianet SAO"
Дата:
because the following error:

´missing chunk number 0 for toast value 32067496´

I get ir when I try ´vacuum -e -v -z -e´ or a simple pg_dump.

I would like to know what is this value. And how could i fix it.

tnx.

Eric Anderson Martins Miranda
Net Admin @ Via Net SAO
> I was wondering what you expect to see then? They are a technical
> implementation detail within the storage management.
>

> Jan
>
> --
> #======================================================================#
> # It's easier to get forgiveness for being wrong than for being right. #
> # Let's break this rule - forgive me.                                  #
> #================================================== JanWieck@Yahoo.com #

Re: see toast table

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Eric Anderson Vianet SAO wrote:
> because the following error:
>
> ´missing chunk number 0 for toast value 32067496´
>
> I get ir when I try ´vacuum -e -v -z -e´ or a simple pg_dump.
>
> I would like to know what is this value. And how could i fix it.

You have probably a corrupted toast index on a table. Try to reindex it
and if that doesn't help hunt down the damaged main row and update it's
toasted value with something fresh (there have been enough discussions
about it, you should find how to do that in the mailing list archives.

These discussions will also point out that you probably have some bad
memory and/or other non trustworthy piece of hardware including the
tools you should use to identify the damage.

Jan

> tnx.
>
> Eric Anderson Martins Miranda
> Net Admin @ Via Net SAO

discover a toast table name

От
"Eric Anderson Vianet SAO"
Дата:
How can I discover which toast table referenced to a phisic table?

example: table name tbdmovimento. how could i know the toast table name to
reindex it.

tnx.

Eric Anderson Martins Miranda
Net Admin @ Via Net SAO

Re: discover a toast table name

Дата:
"Eric Anderson Vianet SAO" <eric@vianet-express.com.br> writes:
> How can I discover which toast table referenced to a phisic table?

Look at the base table's pg_class row.  reltoastrelid is the OID of the
corresponding toast table.  So, for example, if I thought "text_tbl" had
such a problem:

regression=# select relname from pg_class where
regression-# oid = (select reltoastrelid from pg_class where relname = 'text_tbl');    relname
-----------------pg_toast_163219
(1 row)

regression=# reindex table pg_toast.pg_toast_163219;
REINDEX
regression=#
        regards, tom lane

alter column witdh

От
"Eric Anderson Vianet SAO"
Дата:
how can I alter the column width

i´ve tried

alter table tablename alter columnname varchar(2)

but it returns errors

tnx.

Eric Anderson Martins Miranda
Net Admin @ Via Net SAO

Re: discover a toast table name

От
"Eric Anderson Vianet SAO"
Дата:
when i try that i´v got an error

ERROR: "pg_toast_26474986" is a system table. call REINDEX under standalone
postgres with -O -P options

so I kill postmaster and up it standalone.
but the reindex command doesn´t have options. and postmaster doesn´t have
these ones too.

tnx.

Eric Anderson Martins Miranda
Net Admin @ Via Net SAO
> > How can I discover which toast table referenced to a phisic table?
>
> Look at the base table's pg_class row.  reltoastrelid is the OID of the
> corresponding toast table.  So, for example, if I thought "text_tbl" had
> such a problem:
>
> regression=# select relname from pg_class where
> regression-# oid = (select reltoastrelid from pg_class where relname =
'text_tbl');
>      relname
> -----------------
>  pg_toast_163219
> (1 row)
>
> regression=# reindex table pg_toast.pg_toast_163219;
> REINDEX
> regression=#
>
> regards, tom lane

Re: alter column witdh

От
Frank Bax
Дата:
At 10:38 AM 5/27/03, Eric Anderson Vianet SAO wrote:>how can I alter the column width

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/updatingcolumns.php

fbax=# create table tablename (columnname text);
CREATE
fbax=# \d tablename      Table "tablename" Attribute  | Type | Modifier
------------+------+---------- columnname | text |

fbax=# \q

pg_dump -o -c -s -t tablename fbax | sed "s:\"columnname\"
text:\"columnname\" varchar(2):" | psql

Frank

To ListAdms: Is pgsql-sql operating?

От
Achilleus Mantzios
Дата:
Is there any problem with pgsql-sql@postgresql.org list?

Achilleus Mantzios
S/W Engineer
IT dept
Dynacom Tankers Mngmt
Nikis 4, Glyfada
Athens 16610
Greece
tel:    +30-210-8981112
fax:    +30-210-8981877
email:  achill at matrix dot gatewaynet dot com       mantzios at softlab dot ece dot ntua dot gr

Re: To ListAdms: Is pgsql-sql operating?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Achilleus,

> Is there any problem with pgsql-sql@postgresql.org list?

The mail server died on Tuesday.  It's still recovering.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: To ListAdms: Is pgsql-sql operating?

От
Joerg Hessdoerfer
Дата:
On Thursday 05 June 2003 18:25, you wrote:
> Achilleus,
>
> > Is there any problem with pgsql-sql@postgresql.org list?
>
> The mail server died on Tuesday.  It's still recovering.

Wow! Recovering from being dead... what a medical achievement ;-)

Greetings,Joerg
--
Leading SW developer  - S.E.A GmbH
Mail: joerg.hessdoerfer@sea-gmbh.com

Re: To ListAdms: Is pgsql-sql operating?

От
"Chad Thompson"
Дата:
I see your post.  But no others since Monday.

Thanks
Chad