Обсуждение: cannot delete bug

cannot delete bug

От
Kemin Zhou
Дата:
Dear Friends,
I am not sure this due to my hardware problem or due to a bug in
the postgres 7.2.

kzdb=# select id from mytable where id=7224; id
------7224
(1 row)

kzdb=# delete from mytable where id=7224;
ERROR:  Relation 41073353 does not exist
kzdb=#

My simple solution is to dump the table as text
then \copy back in the table again after dropping
the old table.  This had repeatly happend to me.
I guess there is something very wrong somewhere,
bug I don't know.

If any one has any experience please let me know.
Apprciate.

Re: cannot delete bug

Дата:
Kemin Zhou <kemin.zhou@ferring.com> writes:
> kzdb=# select id from mytable where id=7224;
>   id
> ------
>  7224
> (1 row)

> kzdb=# delete from mytable where id=7224;
> ERROR:  Relation 41073353 does not exist

Have you got any rules, triggers, or foreign keys linking to or from
that table?
        regards, tom lane