Обсуждение: sql statement to give functionality of \d tablename?

sql statement to give functionality of \d tablename?

От
"Philip Rudling"
Дата:
Is the an SQL statement that can be used from within a program that will
give the output of \d command?  Like the describe command in MySQL's version
of SQL?

SR

Re: sql statement to give functionality of \d tablename?

От
Lee Harr
Дата:
In article <1030007114.22469.0@iris.uk.clara.net>, Philip Rudling wrote:
> Is the an SQL statement that can be used from within a program that will
> give the output of \d command?  Like the describe command in MySQL's version
> of SQL?

There is a flag to psql which will show you the sql from the
backslash commands. I believe it is -E, but check the manpage.