Обсуждение: "no wait" option for locks

"no wait" option for locks

От
Daniel Stüwe
Дата:
Hi...

anyone knows a workaround for Oracles "no wait" option in "SELECT ...
FOR UPDATE"?

I wrote a programm which runs twice. Both poll the pgsql database all 5
seconds and make an "SELECT ... FOR UPDATE" for the first row found.
After some work and commit the next row is processed. The second task
waits until the first hast commited, but it should detect the lock and
continue work with next row.

How can i detect this lock? Oracle returns with "no wait" option an sql
error code.

Any hints?

best regards
Daniel Stuewe

Re: 'no wait' option for locks

От
Дата:
Hi,

Why not the program create a lock file on start and delete it when finished.

regds
mallah.