Обсуждение: How to get total number of rows when using LIMIT/OFFSET?

How to get total number of rows when using LIMIT/OFFSET?

От
Dirk Lutzebaeck
Дата:
Hello,

when using LIMIT/OFFSET is it possible to get also the total number of rows
besides the actual number of rows of the select? It should be there
because the whole list is ordered anyhow. I'm using 7.2.1.

Thanks for help,

Dirk

Re: How to get total number of rows when using LIMIT/OFFSET?

Дата:
Dirk Lutzebaeck wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when using LIMIT/OFFSET is it possible to get also the total number of rows
> besides the actual number of rows of the select? It should be there
> because the whole list is ordered anyhow. I'm using 7.2.1.

No way to do that.  Perhaps a CURSOR and look at the total count.  Not
sure if that works but I think it should.

Pennsylvania19026