Обсуждение: something similar to "on delete cascade" ?

something similar to "on delete cascade" ?

От
"Albrecht Berger"
Дата:
Hello,
I need something similar to the "on delete cascade" statement which
doesn't "listen" to the deletion of a row, but to a change of a column.

Do something like that exist ?

My problem is that i don't want to delete datarows, but to set a "deleted"
flag.
In every by a foreign key "linked" row should this deleted flag set
automatically.

Thx
berger

Re: something similar to "on delete cascade" ?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Berger,

> My problem is that i don't want to delete datarows, but to set a "deleted"
> flag.
> In every by a foreign key "linked" row should this deleted flag set
> automatically.

You need to create a custom TRIGGER or RULE.  The online docs have extensive
instructions and examples of triggers and rules.

--
-Josh Berkus

______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete
informationtechnology     josh@agliodbs.com   and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293  for law firms, small
businesses     fax 621-2533   and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco