Обсуждение: Subtraction of Dates

Subtraction of Dates

От
"Valerie Goodman"
Дата:
When I want an integer for a number of days between two dates, direct
subtraction of two dates returns an integer.

However, age function returns an interval.

Which is the correct method to use and if age is the correct method, how do
I convert that to the number of days?

Re: Subtraction of Dates

От
Steve Brett
Дата:
try date_mi as opposed to direct subtraction.

eg:

edb=# select version();                           version
---------------------------------------------------------------PostgreSQL 7.0.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc
2.95.2
(1 row)

edb=# select date_mi('2002-06-24','2002-06-21');date_mi
(1 row)

Steve