Обсуждение: ON DELETE CASCADE question

ON DELETE CASCADE question

От
Wei Weng
Дата:
Does ON DELETE CASCADE attribute you specify in CREATE TABLE statement
actually create triggers for every foreign key it refers to?

Thanks!

--
Wei Weng
Network Software Engineer

Re: ON DELETE CASCADE question

От
"Josh Berkus"
Дата:
Wei,

> Does ON DELETE CASCADE attribute you specify in CREATE TABLE
> statement
> actually create triggers for every foreign key it refers to?

Yes.  Two triggers for each key, I think.

-Josh

Re: ON DELETE CASCADE question

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:

> Wei,
>
> > Does ON DELETE CASCADE attribute you specify in CREATE TABLE
> > statement
> > actually create triggers for every foreign key it refers to?
> >

> Yes.  Two triggers for each key, I think.
   Three, one for INSERT OR UPDATE on the FK table, one   for UPDATE on the PK table and one for DELETE on PK.

Jan