Обсуждение: Re: Increasing MAX_ARGS

Re: Increasing MAX_ARGS

От
"Josh Berkus"
Дата:
Tom,

> src/include.
>
> If you haven't run configure yet, do that first.

OK.
1. I modified /src/include/config.h.in
2. I configured postgres.  Config.h correctly shows MAX_ARGS at 32.
3. I built postgres
4. I initdb'd.

As a test, I tried building a function with 20 parameters in Template1.
I got:

"ERROR: Procedures cannot take more than 16 arguments."

What's going on here?  Is there a check for the number of arguments
outside of the compile configuration?

-Josh

Re: Increasing MAX_ARGS

Дата:
> Tom,
>
> > src/include.
> >
> > If you haven't run configure yet, do that first.
>
> OK.
> 1. I modified /src/include/config.h.in
> 2. I configured postgres.  Config.h correctly shows MAX_ARGS at 32.
> 3. I built postgres
> 4. I initdb'd.
>
> As a test, I tried building a function with 20 parameters in Template1.
> I got:
>
> "ERROR: Procedures cannot take more than 16 arguments."
>
> What's going on here?  Is there a check for the number of arguments
> outside of the compile configuration?

That should work. The strange part is that I can't find that error
message anywhere in the sources.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: Increasing MAX_ARGS