Обсуждение: Function return rows?

Function return rows?

От
"Pat M"
Дата:
Can I use a function to execute a query and return a row or set of rows? If
so, can you point me to some examples or perhaps give me an example of a
function that would do roughly the same thing as:

select * from mytable where mytable.name ~* 'aname';

I can't seem to find any examples that return rows, just single ints and
bools and stuff.

Re: Function return rows?

От
Allan Engelhardt
Pat M wrote:

> Can I use a function to execute a query and return a row or set of rows?

No.  Consider using temporary tables if you must do this.